How Good is the Fishing on Douglas Lake in TN?
As I always tell my guests when they ask, “How’s the fishing on Douglas?”, I reply, “the fishing is as good as the fisherman on the other end of the line!” But, statistically, Douglas Lake has ranked #10 as the Best Bass Fishing Lake in the Country. That is something all of us that offer lake homes on Douglas are quite proud of.
Then, to be located right next door to the most visited National Park in the country is pretty amazing too. I have often heard from guests that until they found our lake homes, they didn’t even know Douglas Lake was at the doorstep of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.
Types of Fish and Times of the Year to Catch ‘Em:
Fishing is a 365 day event on Douglas Lake. However, certain fish are likely to bite during specific times of the year:
- You can catch these little guys all year long!
- Best months: April and May but in summer months find cool places like coves, bluffs and shady nooks.
- Best months: November through May
- Overall Best Month: April
- Best months: February and March, and sometimes during April
- Best location: Best place to find them: In the shallow river section closer to where the Nolichucy and the French Broad River feed Douglas Lake.
- Best months: February and March
- Best place to find them: In the shallow river section closer to where the Nolichucy and the French Broad River feed Douglas Lake.
After all, isn’t “the wait till a nice one comes along” what fishin’ is all about anyway?